Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A quick tour through the Steamlands

A letter from my friend, Alek Herron:
Well, sorry for not taking more time to write lately. I've been visiting in New Babbage, a rather Steampunk town in Second Life.
I was welcomed by M. Undertone with a grand tour by hansom cab, with the town speeding by so I could scarcely take it all in! Since then, I have rented a room at the Iron Seahorse Inn, bare, but adequate. I have been touring the city, and seeing the sites, and there's ever so much to see!
I've made personal acquaintance with some of the movers and shakers of the city, and even been invited to attend some parties. the last was a disaster, though, somehow, my clothes had become quite invisible to everyone except myself so I had the horror of being informed I was appearing in the nude, though I had one of my best new suits on at the time.

I have also made side trips to go shopping in Kowloon, and Shanghai.
I have purchased a vehicle, a large monowheel, that I have ridden ion the streets of Paris, and alongside the canals of New Babbage.

I've also met someone who has become very dear to me, a new love in my life, my Andi.

We have had so many romantic evenings, and I am falling head over heels.

I know that it may seem unseemly to gush about my emotions on paper, but I felt I must inform you, as Andi is becoming such an important part of my life.

Do come to visit here with me, I have decided to make my home here, and would love to show you all of the bustle of the big city. And I can introduce you to my Andi.

Do please find enclosed a few souvenir photographs,

Truly yours,
Alek.

Enclosed were the pictures on this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment